Trofimova Galina Nikolaevna, Doctor of philological sciences, professor, sub-department of mass communications, Peoples’ Friendship University of Russia (6 Miklukho-Maklaya street, Moscow, Russia), firstname.lastname@example.org
Du Tzuanbo, Applicant, sub-department of mass communications, Peoples’ Friendship University of Russia (6 Miklukho-Maklaya street, Moscow, Russia), email@example.com
Background. The relevance of this article is determined by the necessity to com-prehend new challenges in development of the modern society by the example of the formation of a common information space between the two States. The main aim of this work is to theoretically substantiate the changes, new circumstances and the specifics of organization and media in the context of strengthening the interstate cooperation.
Materials and methods. To achieve this goal we used various materials from Russian and foreign researches devoted to the problems of the role of media as a tool of “soft power” influence on the formation of the state image. In the course of the study the authors used the method of systemic-functional and comprehensive theoretical analysis of the phenomenon (a theoretical analysis of scientific literature on the subject matter and a study of new Chinese media in the Russian language).
Results. The article considers the Chinese online media in the Russian language, which has stepped up its activities as a tool of “soft power” influence on the Russian audience. The work describes the investigated content of publications about China on websites of Russian-language media networks, published in China, peculiarities of the language, style, genre, which correspond to the general characteristics of network media and are distinguished by uniformity and conciseness.
Conclusions. The analysis allows us to determine that the primary tool for crea-ting the image of China in these media is visualization of the content of publications in collections of expressive pictures, which do not just comment information, but also perform educational and social functions.
visualization, China, image, Internet media, soft power, multicoding, stylistics, function.
1. Odna idioma – i rech' gotova [One idiom and a speech is ready]. Available at: http://russian.people.com.cn/ 95184/ (accessed January 10, 2016).
2. Coobshcheniya na dvukh yazykakh [Messages in two languages]. Available at: http://russian.people.com.cn/ 95460/ (accessed January 10, 2016).
3. Znakomstvo s Kitaem s pomoshch'yu klyuchevykh slov [Getting to know China using key words]. Available at: http://russian.china.org.cn/china/China_Key_Words/index.htm (accessed January 10, 2016).
4. Chaynyy salon [Tea lounge]. Available at: http://russian.cri.cn/other/2011tea/index.html (accessed January 10, 2016).
5. Ponomareva E. Odnako [However]. 2013, 25 February, no. 6 (155), pp. 15–21.
6. Nye J. The means to Success in World Politics. New York, 2004, 218 p.
7. Kitayskaya tsivilizatsiya. O kulinarnykh izyskakh provintsii Shan'si [The Chinese civili-zation. On cookery art in Shanxi province]. Available at: http://russian.cri.cn/941/2016/01/26/1s572641.htm (accessed January 10, 2016).
8. Veshayut fonari, vstrechayut Novyy god [Setting lanterns up, celebrating the New Year]. Available at: http:// russian.news.cn/culture/2016-01/27/c_135044937.htm (accessed January 10, 2016).
9. Kitayskiy informatsionnyy internet-tsentr [The Chinese Online Information Center]. Available at: http://russian. china.org.cn/ (accessed January 10, 2016).
10. Russkie tsentry: gde i pochemu oni est' v KNR [Russian centers: why and where are they in China]. Available at: http://russian.china.org.cn/exclusive/txt/2016-01/22/content_37640520.htm (accessed January 10, 2016).
11. Na granitse Kitaya, Rossii i KNDR stali chashche vstrechat'sya dal'nevostochnye leop-ardy [The Far Eastern leopard is seen more often on the border of China, Russian and North Korea]. Available at: http://russian.china. org.cn/exclusive/txt/2016-01/27/content_37674658.htm (accessed January 10, 2016).
12. Krasnye list'ya prelestny kak tsvety [Red leaves are as beautiful as flowers]. Available at: http://russian.people.com.cn/31516/6518642.html (accessed January 10, 2016).
13. Zimnie kanikuly v kitayskom stile: na rabotu vmeste s mamoy [Winter holidays China style: going to work with mother]. Available at: http://russian.china.org.cn/exclusive/txt/2016-01/22/content_37637644_5.htm (accessed January 10, 2016).
14. Pochuvstvovat' prazdnik Duan'u so vkusom «tszunztsy» [To experience the Duanwu festival with the taste of Zongzi]. Available at: http://russian.cri.cn/1281/2015/06/23/1s552029.htm (accessed January 10, 201).